Recipe by Colleen M Schmehl
This is my husbands receipe for chili. And I thought I'd share it with you.
- 1 lb of maple smoked bacon
- 2 (24 ounce) jarsof old elpaso thick & chunky salsa
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chili beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef broth
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs hamburger meat
- shredded cheddar cheese, garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, fry bacon until crisp.
- Remove from pan and set aside until serving time, reserve pan and drippings for the hamburger meat.
- To the crock pot, add the El paso, chili beans, beef broth, chili powder and cayenne pepper.
- Stir to blend.
- Using the same skillet, brown hamburger meat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add meat to crockpot and stir mixture.
- Simmer for at least 4-5 hours.
- Stir frequently.
- Crumble bacon and sprinkle over each serving of chili.
- (optional: sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over each serving along with the bacon).