Recipe by Debbwl
This comes from The complete Italian Vegetarian cookbook and is so easy. The slow cooking of the carrots makes them incredibly sweet. The book suggest greated Parmigian-Reggiano cheese as an optional addtion add to the top after cooking. We have not tried using the cheese as these are so good as is.
Top Review by gailanng
Normally in order to get my husband to eat carrots, I throw myself on the floor a la Liz Taylor in Taming of the Shrew. That really wasn't worth mentioning except for the fact that this is first time he ate them. Made for Everyday Is A Holiday.
- 5 carrots (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut the carrots on the bias into 1/4 inch thick ovals.
- Place the carrots and butter in a large skillet. Turn the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring often, until the carrots shrink and start to brown, 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Season with salt to tast, if using parmigiano-reggiano cheese sprinkle on top and serve immediately.