Recipe by Lisa in Oregon
I got this recipe from a friend and my family enjoys it. Hope you do too. :o)
Top Review by Evies_Mom
I grew up on this and it has always been one of my favorites. The recipe was given to me by my Grandmother. The only differences are that my recipe calls for 2 cups and 2 medium chopped onions and and a 8 oz. can of mushrooms. I actually have this in the oven now.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 stalks celery (diced)
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and half way through add celery and onion.
- Drain fat; add the butter.
- In a bowl mix the soup, soy sauce, water, rice, and meat mixture; stir well.
- Pour mixture into a greased baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour or so.
- I have used Minute rice for this and it has come out just as good as regular rice.
- I have also used cream of potato soup instead of cream of mushroom soup and it was great!