Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
I got this recipe from a friend and my family enjoys it. Hope you do too. :o)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 stalks celery (diced)
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- Brown ground beef and half way through add celery and onion.
- Drain fat; add the butter.
- In a bowl mix the soup, soy sauce, water, rice, and meat mixture; stir well.
- Pour mixture into a greased baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour or so.
- I have used Minute rice for this and it has come out just as good as regular rice.
- I have also used cream of potato soup instead of cream of mushroom soup and it was great!
I grew up on this and it has always been one of my favorites. The recipe was given to me by my Grandmother. The only differences are that my recipe calls for 2 cups and 2 medium chopped onions and and a 8 oz. can of mushrooms. I actually have this in the oven now.
If you are in a hurry this is a great tasting and easy to assemble<br/>recipe. My family loved it and I will be making it again! Thanks<br/>for sharing! : )
This was surprisingly good considering how few ingredients and steps involved. Used the food processor to grate the onion, and added frozen green beans to get some veg in. My own mistake in forgetting to cover this while baking, so the top was a bit dry. I could have stirred it, but didn't think of it. I'll be making this again at my husband's request, so that makes it a keeper. Thanks for sharing a quick, tasty recipe!