Prep 24 hrs
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This recipe comes from the Embers Restaurant in Mount Pleasant, Michigan. It is their signature dish. These chops are sooooo good that people drive hundreds of miles just to get them. Now you can make them at home! :o) Prep time includes overnight marinating.
- Mix marinade ingredients in saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Let marinade cool.
- Marinate each 3" thick pork chop overnight in the cooled marinade.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place pork chops in baking pan and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for 2 hours.
- Combine dry mustard, water, and brown sugar, making sure mixture is lump free.
- Add ketchup and chili sauce to mixture.
- When chops are tender, remove from oven and turn oven temp down to 350.
- Dip chops in ketchup/chili sauce mixture and return to pan.
- Bake an additional 30 minutes, uncovered.
- This last step is optional; grill for 15 minutes over small bed of coals raised as high as possible.
Being from Michigan, I had to try this! These are addicting! I slow roasted them in my Nesco roaster, and for a finishing touch I slapped them on my George Foreman grill. The flavors of the marinade and sauce mix really come together beautifully! Thanks for posting this winner!
Have lived in Mt. P. for over 30 years and have enjoyed this recipe many times. Please note that the sauce is exceptional and good with ribs and other foods.