Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this recipe in my Slovenian Treasures Cookbook, posted for 2005 Zaar Tour. Times are estimates.
- 3 acorn squash, cut in half lengthwise, pulp and seeds removed
- 1 lb country style bulk sausage
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine sausage, onion, mushrooms and seasoning. (I'm sure I would season with something other than just salt and pepper, I bet sage would work also).
- Mix lightly but well. Pile into squash halves. Place in shallow pan with enough water to cover bottom of pan. Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove cover; bake 20 minutes more or until squash is tender and filling is cooked.