Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I found this recipe in my Slovenian Treasures cookbook. Posted for 2005 Zaar World tour.
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and cut up
- 4 large onions, cut up
- 1⁄2 bunch parsley
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- chopped chives
- Place all of the above in 2 quarts of water.
- (or I was thinking -- chicken broth).
- Cook slowly for 1 1/2 hours, than mash thru a coarse strainer and add sour cream, serve.
- Sprinkle chopped chives on top for garnish.
I grew up eating this soup, and it's my absolute favorite. It's delicious without the additional of any type of chicken broth or product, also, we make it without sour cream. DE-LISH!!!