1/2 Photos of Slovenian Almond-Apricot Bread
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 25 mins
Posted for the Zaar World Tour. Not yet tried. From Moosewood.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups dried unsulfured apricots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange rind
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup toasted chopped almonds
- 1In a medium saucepan, bring the water and apricots to a boil, then simmer until soft, at least 10 minutes.
- 2Add the butter, maple syrup, egg, vanilla and orange rind; stir well until butter melts.
- 3Remove the mixture from the heat.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 5Sift together the flours, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- 6Fold the dry ingredients into the apricot mixture.
- 7Add the chopped almonds and mix well.
- 8Spread the batter into an oiled medium-sized loaf pan.
- 9Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- 10Allow the bread to cool for a few minutes before removing from the pan.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slovenian Almond-Apricot Bread
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.3
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 18.1 mg
- Sodium 301.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 5.3 g