Recipe by Taylor in Belgium
Cabbage bread variation from the "streudel" easily made with canned biscuits. Comes from Pillsbury Classic 30th cookoff book.
Top Review by Diplo-mom
I made yesterday and served with a couple of side salads as it was quite warm outside. I can't get refrigerated biscuits but used puff pastry instead and it really worked quite well. Recipe is yummy as written but next time I will probably add a little more seasoning. We have had this bread in restaurants and this recipe is quite authentic however my family likes their dishes spicier than the norm:) Thank you Taylor for this Slovakian recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 cups sliced onions (sliced and cut in half)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) canshungry jack flaky refrigerated biscuits
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375.
- Melt margarine in large skillet, then stir in cabbage, onion, salt and pepper.
- Cover and let cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes until tender crisp.
- Stir occasionally.
- Separate dough into 20 biscuits and press over bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of a 13x 9 pan or a 12 inch pizza pan.
- Spoon hot cabbage mixture over crust.
- Bake at 375 for 18-25 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Cut into triangles or squares and serve hot with melted butter.