Recipe by Scrivener1
At my home church in Massillon, Ohio, the women of the church raise money for the church by selling this bread. I do not know if this is the recipe they use, but it is close.
- 4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup Crisco
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 fresh yeast cake
- 5 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lb ground nuts
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, salt, and soda.
- Add egg yolks and sour cream to the flour mixture.
- Cut the dough like pie dough.
- Form the dough into four balls and refrigerate them over night.
- The next day, roll the dough with a rolling pin.
- Mix the nut filling ingredients.
- Spread, thinly on the dough.
- Roll the dough like a jelly roll.
- Brush the dough with an egg white bath.
- Place the dough on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 deg. for 25 minutes.