1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
At my home church in Massillon, Ohio, the women of the church raise money for the church by selling this bread. I do not know if this is the recipe they use, but it is close.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Crisco
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 fresh yeast cake
- 1Mix flour, salt, and soda.
- 2Add egg yolks and sour cream to the flour mixture.
- 3Cut the dough like pie dough.
- 4Form the dough into four balls and refrigerate them over night.
- 5The next day, roll the dough with a rolling pin.
- 6Mix the nut filling ingredients.
- 7Spread, thinly on the dough.
- 8Roll the dough like a jelly roll.
- 9Brush the dough with an egg white bath.
- 10Place the dough on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 11Bake at 350 deg. for 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slovak Nut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1028.6
- Calories from Fat 385
- Total Fat 42.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 291.8 mg
- Sodium 787.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 137.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 38.4 g
- Protein 22.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: