Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This tasted just like the cookies my Slovak Polish grandmother used to make. From cooks.com
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can solo brand filling (nut, poppy seed, apricot, etc.)
- Work cream cheese, butter, flour and salt as for pie crust. Moisten with milk. Knead lightly until smooth.
- Divide dough into 4 balls. Wrap in wax paper and refrigerate overnight or at least 3 hours.
- Sprinkle some flour and granulated sugar on board. Roll out each ball fairly thin and cut into 1 1/2 inch squares.
- Place 1 teaspoon of filling in center and squeeze 2 opposite corners together.
- Bake on a greased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes or until light brown.
- When cool, dust with powdered sugar.