Recipe by Merlot
This is wonderful! It is important to let the sliced cucumbers sit for 1/2 hour and then squeeze out the water.
Top Review by MizzNezz
Very good side dish, salad! And I am so glad you stressed the importance of letting the cucumbers drain well! This made the sour cream really cling to the cucumbers. The taste is super good. This is a keeper. Thanks Merlot!
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced thin
- 59.16 ml sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1.23 ml salt
- 14.79 ml vinegar
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced (Optional)
- 0.25 ml paprika, for color
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cucumbers, garlic and salt in a colander.
- THIS IS IMPORTANT: Place the colander in the sink and let stand for 1/2 hour.
- Squeeze out as much water as you can with your hands.
- Then place in a bowl and add the sour cream, vinegar.
- (You may also add thinly sliced onions at this point).
- Mix well and sprinkle with paprika for color.