Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is wonderful! It is important to let the sliced cucumbers sit for 1/2 hour and then squeeze out the water.
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced thin
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced (Optional)
- 1 dash paprika, for color
- Combine the cucumbers, garlic and salt in a colander.
- THIS IS IMPORTANT: Place the colander in the sink and let stand for 1/2 hour.
- Squeeze out as much water as you can with your hands.
- Then place in a bowl and add the sour cream, vinegar.
- (You may also add thinly sliced onions at this point).
- Mix well and sprinkle with paprika for color.
Very good side dish, salad! And I am so glad you stressed the importance of letting the cucumbers drain well! This made the sour cream really cling to the cucumbers. The taste is super good. This is a keeper. Thanks Merlot!
Perfect hot weather dish. Serve this as a side dish to accompany any curry dish! MMmm. Amazing the amount of water you get out of the cucumbers, if you didn't do this step the whole thing would be watery - Glad that you stressed this point Thanks Merlot this is a keeper
A wonderful side dish. A great way to serve cucumbers.