Recipe by lazyme
This is a favorite make-ahead salad for company when we barbecue. From Aces cookbook.
Top Review by kitty.rock
Made this for a family luncheon, and it was really enjoyable, though I didn't really give it enough time to chill :( Next time I'll make sure I make ahead so it has time to blend flavors more completely. Loved the variety of ingredients and the way the flavors melded together for this salad. Keeper made for PAC Spring 2009.
- 2 (9 ounce) packages cheese-filled tortellini, refrigerated
- 1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach, washed, stems removed and spinach torn into pieces
- 3 green onions, sliced (3 tablespoons)
- 1 cup ripe olives, medium
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 8 ounces baby shrimp, frozen, cooked, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup caesar salad dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and drain tortellini as directed on package.
- Rinse with cold water; drain.
- Place spinach in boiling water.
- Cover and cook 1 minute; drain.
- Immediately rinse with cold water; drain.
- Place tortellini, spinach, onions, olives, bell pepper and shrimp in large glass or plastic bowl; toss lightly.
- Mix remaining ingredients; toss with tortellini mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavors but no longer than 24 hours.