1/4 Photos of Sloshed Strawberries for My Valentine
3 hrs 15 mins
3 hrs 10 mins
Did you need a choice? Turn this into a smoothie at serving time by running it in the blender again OR scrape up spoonfuls into pretty serving dishes and drizzle with more WINE or gingerale. Either way--this is sure to capture your Valentine's heart! Just watch out for those brain-freeze headaches!!! COOKING TIME = CHILLING TIME.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups sliced strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1Mix honey, wine and brandy until smooth.
- 2Pour berries & preserves into blender; whirl for 15 seconds; add wine mixture; whirl again until well-blended.
- 3Pour into a 13x9 pan; freeze for 3-4 hours.
- 4SERVING SUGGESTION #1: scrape spoons-ful into tall glass, cover with choice of gingerale, Sprite or 7-Up; stir to mix; add a straw or long-handled spoon; serve.
- 5Garnish with fresh strawberry on a pick-stick or sliced mid-way & perched on the edge of the glass.
- 6SERVING SUGGESTION #2: scrape spoons-ful into blender jar, add 1 cup gingerale and whirl until smooth, pour into glasses and serve with spoon or straw.
- 7Garnish with fresh strawberry on a pick-stick or sliced mid-way & perched on the edge of the glass.
- 8SERVING SUGGESTION #3: scrape spoons-ful of the frosty confection into pretty serving dishes; pour 2-3 T. gingerale or WHITE WINE over; serve with a spoon--eat slowly to avoid brain-freeze (you've been warned).
- 9Garnish with fresh strawberry on a pick-stick or sliced in half top to bottom and arranged artfully on the top.
- 10VARIATIONS: Other berries work magnificently for this, too, as well as mangos.
Browse Our Top Smoothies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Smoothies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sloshed Strawberries for My Valentine
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.4
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 30.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 66.6 g
- Protein 1.8 g