Recipe by wattamess
Sloppy Joes with a pizza kick, found in a cookbook
Top Review by rinefam_4943273
Very good and a great way to include vegetables. Also try using Italian sausage instead of hamburger. If you like supreme pizza throw in a couple sliced mushrooms, black olives, or other vegetables and meats. This is great to have in the crockpot on a baseball practice night good and ready when the guys get home!!!!!
- 2 lbs ground beef (80/20)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 (14 ounce) jars pizza sauce
- 3 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 18 sandwich buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a 12" skillet to cook the beef and onion over medium heat till done. Drain the beef and onions.
- Spray a 3.5 - 4 qt slow cooker with cooking spray and spoon the beef mixture into the slow cooker, add pepper, basil, oregano, pepperoni and sauce. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Spoon mixture into buns and sprinkle with the mozzarella.