Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A family favorite from my "Low Fat Mexican Recipes" cookbook. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 ounces green chilies, diced
- 2 cups pinto beans (cooked or canned)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
- In a nonstick skillet, saute turkey, onion, bell pepper and garlic until turkey is browned.
- Drain turkey if needed.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve over split hamburger buns, cornbread or warmed tortillas.
Good stuff HH! I kicked up all the seasonings just a tad, and also used some cumin. I ate mine in tortillas, DH in buns, topped with cheese. Thanks!
This was really yummy! The only change I made was to put in about 1/3 T. of cayenne pepper to sub for part of the chili powder because I ran out. We served over cornbread and even my picky ds said "that was really good"! Thanks for sharing this great recipe!