1/3 Photos of Sloppy Jose Wraps
1 hr 10 mins
A Mexican version of Sloppy Joes! This is a delicious change from traditional Sloppy Joes and Burritos. Kids love them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 stalk celery, diced fine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) can canned tomatoes, with puree
- 6 10-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1Heat oil over medium heat until hot in a 12 inch skillet.
- 2Add celery and onion, and cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Stir in garlic, chili powder, brown sugar, and salt and cook 2 minutes longer, stirring often.
- 4Increase heat to med-high and stir in ground beef, breaking up meat with the back of spoon and cook for about 10 minutes, until browned, stirring occasionally.
- 5Add tomatoes with puree, smashing tomatoes with back of spoon, and cook 10 minutes, uncovered, until mixture thickens, stirring often.
- 6Spread 3/4 cup of mixture on each warmed tortilla, top with lettuce and roll up.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sloppy Jose Wraps
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.0
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 49.1 mg
- Sodium 933.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 23.1 g