Recipe by Karen=^..^=
A Mexican version of Sloppy Joes! This is a delicious change from traditional Sloppy Joes and Burritos. Kids love them!
Top Review by *~Suzy~*
Karen, I have made this recipe many times now, and shared it with friends. It's delicious! Served with the shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and sour cream...it's a new family favorite. Thanks! my daughter reminded me not to forget to pass the shredded cheese!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 stalk celery, diced fine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) can canned tomatoes, with puree
- 6 10-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil over medium heat until hot in a 12 inch skillet.
- Add celery and onion, and cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in garlic, chili powder, brown sugar, and salt and cook 2 minutes longer, stirring often.
- Increase heat to med-high and stir in ground beef, breaking up meat with the back of spoon and cook for about 10 minutes, until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes with puree, smashing tomatoes with back of spoon, and cook 10 minutes, uncovered, until mixture thickens, stirring often.
- Spread 3/4 cup of mixture on each warmed tortilla, top with lettuce and roll up.