Recipe by ellie_
We really enjoyed these sloppy joes and they are only 4 pts each. Recipe source: WW Momentum Cookbook
Top Review by Lainey6605
These are very good sloppy joes! We love the sweetness to them - I used all of the brown sugar. I didn't have a plain can of diced tomatoes so I used the chili-style diced tomatoes, which worked very well. I just omitted the chili powder, but I think next time I will add the chili powder too! I'm not sure, ellie, how you are getting these are only 4 WW points, though. Based on Zaar's calculations alone, I'm getting 7 points. I used extra-lean ground beef and I still got 7. Anyway, they are still worth the points to me. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery, chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (I used less)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a skillet with Pam and put over medium high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned (5 minutes).
- Transfer to crock pot and stir in the remaining ingredients (except for the bread of course). Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Spoon mixture onto the hamburger rolls.