Prep 0 mins
Cook 12 mins
Easy, simple, good.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (6 ounce) can no-added-salt tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added corn, rinsed and drained
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic; saute 3 minutes.
- Add meat to pan; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble.
- Stir in tomato paste; cook 2 minutes.
- Add chili powder, cumin, salt, and broth.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 12 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in corn; cook for 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.