Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is my favorite Sloppy Joe recipe of all time- gives the traditional Sloppy Joe a little kick and flair! Enjoy!
- 2 lbs ground round
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 28 ounces open pit barbecue sauce
- 8 -10 hard rolls
- Brown ground round and onion, drain.
- Add meat mixture, green peppers, and BBQ sauce to stock pot.
- Heat on high for 20 minutes uncovered, simmer covered an additional 1-2 hours until green pepper is tender and flavors steep.
- Serve on hard rolls.