Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
We perfer this over the Sloppy Joe mixes. Quick and easy. Even better the next day. I also will use cooked shredded roast beef instead of ground chuck, makes it even easier.
- 1 3⁄4 lbs ground chuck, crumbled
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups del monte brand diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion
- 1⁄2 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 -2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- In a large skillet, cook beef mixture till done - drain some of the fat and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, stir sauce ingredients till blended, adjust to taste. Add sauce to beef skillet, stirring to combine. Simmer 25 minutes.
- Serve on rolls of your choice.