Recipe by Angelic1
This recipe uses up what's in the fridge. The ground beef mixture can be served in a hoagie roll or in a pastry puff. I usually double, even triple, this recipe because it reheats so well. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 10 -15 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons juice (from any fruit)
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 sazon goya (I like tropical)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- The 'mixture': In a food processor, mince together all garlic cloves, onions, worchestershire, sazon and fruit juice. Mince well.
- Add oil and ground beef to a large pot. When the meat is almost fully cooked, add half of your 'mixture'. Fully cook the meat. Drain all fluid from the pot.
- Return the pot to the flame, add the remaining portion of your 'mixture'. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Before serving, squeeze a bit of ketchup on top of the meat.
- **I've been known to buy pre-made croissant rolls and fill them with the meat mixture.
- If you choose to do this, you MUST squeeze all the oil and liquid from the meat first.