8 hrs 45 mins
In ‘ Slow Cooker Revolution’ by ATK
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices white bread, torn into quarters
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 lbs lean ground beef (85%)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 8 hamburger buns
- 1Mash bread and milk into paste in large bowl using fork.
- 2Mix in ground beef, ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper using hands.
- 3Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over med-high heat until shimmering.
- 4Add onion, garlic, and chili powder and cook until onions are softened and lightly browned, 8-10 minutes.
- 5Stir in beef mixture, 1 pound at a time, and cook, breaking up any large pieces with wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 3 minutes per pound.
- 6Stir in 1 cup tomato sauce, scraping up any browned bits; transfer to slow cooker.
- 7Stir remaining tomato sauce, ketchup, sugar, and hot sauce into slow cooker.
- 8Cover and cook until beef is tender, 6-8 hours on LOW or 3-5 hours on HIGH.
- 9Let meat mixture settle for 5 minutes, then remove fat from surface using large spoon.
- 10Break up any remaining large pieces of beef with spoon.
- 11Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 12Spoon mixture onto buns and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sloppy Joes (Slow Cooker)
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.4
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 74.4 mg
- Sodium 945.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 29.1 g