Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I am always on the lookout for something I can fix quick on soccer nights. This can be prepared in less than 30 minutes total.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) cansliced ripe black olives, drained
- 4 green onions, sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot sauce (caution--use to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 4 hamburger buns or 4 sandwich buns
- In non-stick frying pan over high heat, combine beef, onion and garlic.
- Stir often until beef is well browned and crumbled.
- To pan add marinara sauce, olives, green onions, hot sauce and cumin.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring often, until bubbling, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
- Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cut sandwich rolls in half horizontally.
- Arrange on baking pan and bake at 450°F until lightly toasted, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Assemble with meat sauce and serve immediately.