- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 6 hamburger buns (toasted if you like)
- 6 tablespoons French's French fried onions
- Brown ground beef.
- Add onions and continue browning.
- Add garlic (be careful not to burn the garlic).
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for the Buns and the French's French Fried Onions.
- Simmer the sauce for at least 30 minutes to enhance the flavour.
- Slice the buns and toast them if you prefer. (Sometimes I toast them in the oven with butter and garlic).
- Add the meat mixture to one side of the bun.
- Top the meat with some FFF onions.
- Add the top of the bun and serve.