1/2 Photos of Sloppy Joes My Way
This is very close to the way my Mom made Sloppy Joes for us when I was young (many years ago). I have added the onion rings for a crunchy surprise and they are oh, so good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown ground beef.
- 2Add onions and continue browning.
- 3Add garlic (be careful not to burn the garlic).
- 4Add the rest of the ingredients except for the Buns and the French's French Fried Onions.
- 5Simmer the sauce for at least 30 minutes to enhance the flavour.
- 6Slice the buns and toast them if you prefer. (Sometimes I toast them in the oven with butter and garlic).
- 7Add the meat mixture to one side of the bun.
- 8Top the meat with some FFF onions.
- 9Add the top of the bun and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sloppy Joes My Way
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 508.5
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 820.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 28.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
French's French fried onions