This is very close to the way my Mom made Sloppy Joes for us when I was young (many years ago). I have added the onion rings for a crunchy surprise and they are oh, so good!
- Brown ground beef.
- Add onions and continue browning.
- Add garlic (be careful not to burn the garlic).
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for the Buns and the French's French Fried Onions.
- Simmer the sauce for at least 30 minutes to enhance the flavour.
- Slice the buns and toast them if you prefer. (Sometimes I toast them in the oven with butter and garlic).
- Add the meat mixture to one side of the bun.
- Top the meat with some FFF onions.
- Add the top of the bun and serve.