Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is a Mr food recipe that I have been using for several years. We really enjoy this recipe.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 10 3⁄4 ounces tomato soup
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Cook hamburger over medium heat and drain grease. ( I like to rinse the extra grease out).
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Serve on hamburger buns.
I didn't really care for the taste of these sloppy joes. I added just a big pinch of oregano but even with that little bit, I didn't like the flavor that gave to the sloppy joes.
This is officially my new go-to sloppy joe recipe! I've been wanting one that's not sweet or spicy but still has a lot of flavor. And it's so easy - I made it while getting ready for work and packed it away to take for lunches. There are ingredients in tomato soup that I won't eat, so I used a can of tomato sauce with a little added water to bring it to the right amount. I also wasn't sure what "hot pepper sauce" was so I used sriracha. Maybe when I have more time, I'll try adding some diced veggies, too. (Made for Bargain Basement tag game.)