Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Posted in response to a request; untried by me.
Make and share this Sloppy Joes in a Pressure Canner recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare mason jars, lids and rings; if you are unsure on how to do this, consult a preserving manual.
- In a heavy saucepan, begin to brown ground beef, then add onion and garlic; continue cooking until meat is browned.
- Drain off fat.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the brown sugar and mustard, then add remaining ingredients to brown sugar mixture.
- Stir into beef and heat thoroughly.
- Now, carefully spoon this hot mixture into hot jars, leaving a one-inch headspace.
- Remove air bubbles with a (nonmetallic) spatula and wipe the rims of the jars clean of any food residue.
- Place lid on jar with sealing compound next to glass; screw band down evenly and firmly just until a point of resistance is met; this is called being fingertip-tight.
- Process for 75 minutes at 10 pounds pressure.