Recipe by Danielle K.
An easy not messy way for kids to eat sloppy joes in a matter of minutes. The basic idea was taken from pillsbury.
Top Review by Nickeletta
The refridgerator dinner rolls I bought were more like biscuits and I had to roll them out to get large enough circle to fill the the sloppy joe mix, I don't know what kind of rolls I should have bought, the package just said "dinner rolls". I think these would have been very good with croissant dough (leaving out the egg and sesame seeds). I had made a double batch of the meat mixture and served some in tortillas, and even some on toasted bread.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can dinner rolls
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F
- In a skillet, cook beef thoroughly; drain. Stir in barbecue sauce; cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in cheese.
- Unroll dinner rolls; separate into 4 8x4-inch rectangles;
- Cut each in half crosswise, making 8 squares.
- Place about 2 tablespoons beef mixture on to each square.
- Fold dough over filling, forming triangles; press edges with fork to seal.
- With knife, cut small slits in tops.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Brush with egg; sprinkle with sesame seed.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet.
- Serve warm.