Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are really great! I have made them several times and frozen them in quart-sized bags. If you are making them for a group you can keep them warm in a large crock pot. Makes enough for 100 sandwiches. The original source is from Taste of Home Annual Recipes 1994.
- 20 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb brown sugar
- 1 cup prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 gallon ketchup
- salt and pepper
- 100 hamburger buns
- In several large kettles or Dutch ovens, brown beef; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the next several ingredients; divide evenly between pans. Simmer for 1 hour. Stir occasionally.
- Serve on buns with slices of cheese, if desired.
Ok, I doubled this for a fund-raiser concession stand, super EASY and oh so good!!!! Thanks so much for posting this recipe!
Perfect recipe. Everyone we have made this for loves it!
Thank you for posting this recipe. Now I know how much my husband loves sloppy joes! I only made a quarter recipe, which I then split into 4 dinners of 6 servings each. I served one for dinner last night and froze the other 3 in quart size freezer bags (about 2 c. per bag). These were very yummy, and disappeared quickly. Since this was also so easy to make (though a long time), this recipe definitely goes into permanent rotation! Thank you again. :)