Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Easy way to prepare Sloppy Joes and have dinner waiting on you!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 -2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- In a large skillet cook ground beef, onion, and garlic until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat.
- Meanwhile, in your crockpot combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in meat mixture.
- Cover; cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours or on high heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
Great recipe! I never like anything I make in a crock pot but all that has changed! These are so flavorful and yummy! My kids loved them too. I will make them again and not change a thing. My husband took them for lunch the next day with a little shredded cheddar on them and he was very happy. Thanks for the wonderful recipe! UPDATE: I made it again and omitted the water. It turned out to be a better consistency without the water.
I make this in a skillet. Worked great. Very tasty!!
Awesome recipe for the summer months when the weather is HOT HOT. A great blend of ingredients that makes a rich tasty BBQ sammie. I did reduce the amount of water to 1/8th cup.