More Sunshine's Note:
This sounds excellent, but I haven't tried the casserole yet. I have, however, tried the Sloppy Joes and they are fabulous (it's a modified version of My Family's Favorite Sloppy Joes). The original recipe for the crescent casserole simply called for a package of the sloppy joe mix which would be prepared according to instructions on the package, but now that I've had home made Sloppy Joes I don't want to go back to the packaged stuff.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 1/2 lbs hamburger
- 3/4 cup green pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup onion, diced
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1Brown the hamburger, green pepper and onion; drain fat.
- 2Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 3Simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Cook, uncovered, until it’s the consistency you like.
- 5Place 1 package rolls flat in bottom of 9 inch baking pan; seal perforations.
- 6Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 7Cover with hamburger mixture.
- 8Top with cheeses.
- 9Place second package of rolls on top of cheese; seal those perforations.
- 10Bake for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sloppy Joes Crescent Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 490.5
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 111.3 mg
- Sodium 1029.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 30.7 g