Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A quick and lite meal made with lean hamburgher and lite hamburgher buns.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3⁄4 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 8 hamburger buns, slit and toasted
- In a large skillet cook ground beef, onion, and garlic until meat is brown.
- Drain off fat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients listed.
- Stir in meat mixture.
- Place in crock pot and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Spoon into toasted buns.
An easy dish to throw together, I didn't have celery so I used the whole green pepper instead of just 1/2 cup & I added about a teaspoon of celery seed. As a whole this was a good recipe but for my family's taste, in the future I'll cut the brown sugar by half & double the chili powder. We just like it a little edgier. Thanks for sharing, Audrey!