Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've been making this recipe for over 30 years. My kids used to request this for dinner a lot when growing up. Now they make this for their own families!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef with bell peppers and onions; drain.
- Return meat to skillet and add ketchup, water, beef bouillon, sugar and mustard.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve on warm toasted buns.
very good, a little sweet so next time i will probably use tomato sauce rather than ketchup. Family enjoyed it a lot. Thanks!
I did not have the beef bouillon granules, so I omitted them. The recipe was GREAT! We enjoyed it, and I will be making this again. Thanks for sharing!
I honestly cannot believe that I haven't rated this yet. I found this recipe when I was pregnant and craving sloppy joes. It was the the only recipes that I had all the ingredients for so it is the one I made. The baby who caused those cravings is now two and loves this recipe. A keeper for many years to come!