Recipe by mianbao
This is a recipe of my mother's that we always wanted for parties. It is shredded meat in sauce. Actually, we know it by the name Beef Barbecue, but I think barbecue means different things depending on where you're from.
Top Review by Poker
This was very flavorable and very easy ! I let my crockpot do the cooking while I was at work! The meat just melted in your mouth!I just love these quick & easy meals and I needed a change from the Beef Steaks !I also perfured the beef chuck instead of the ground beef ~ But I would use the ground beef if I had to do this in a hurry ! Thanks for this one !!
- 3 lbs beef chuck
- 2 medium onions
- 1 large green pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄3 cup prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper
- 3⁄4 cup catsup
- hamburger bun
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer meat several hours until it falls apart when pierced with a fork; then remove meat from liquid and shred with a fork (liquid may be used as stock in other recipes).
- Combine onions, green pepper, butter, brown sugar, tomato paste and salt, and simmer 15 minutes,or until tender.
- Add mustard, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, pepper, red pepper and catsup, and simmer 5 more minutes.
- Combine sauce with meat.
- Serve hot on hamburger buns to make sloppy joes.
- Note: It is also possible to use ground beef.
- Brown in frying pan; remove as much fat as possible, and stir in sauce.