Recipe by ExercisingChef
Excellent recipe from an old friend. I usually double it.
Top Review by Debbie R.
This sloppy joe recipe worked a little differently in the melding process. I think it actually tasted better the very night it was made rather than the following day. Most things like this improve by sitting overnight. But anyway, it was good the second day and exquisite the first day.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 4 -6 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet saute' beef and onion, over moderately high hear stir occasionally, cook until meat is no longer pink. Drain.
- Stir in ketchup, vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, paprika, sugar and salt and pepper to taste,.
- Cook uncovered over low heat stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Divide mixture among hamburger buns.