Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
this is the only kind I will eat - the way my mom always made 'em! Tweak the ingredient amounts to suit your tastes!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground round
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (8 count) package buns or 1 (8 count) package kaiser rolls
- brown meat, drain.
- add salt and onions and cook to soften onions.
- make sauce with the other ingredients.
- mix sauce and meat and simmer for 1 hour.
- serve on your choice of buns/rolls.
Made these tonight exactly as written. They were fantastic. They won the entire family over. Awesome taste. I don't think I have a reason to ever revert back to a can, Thanks so much for sharing Derfette.
Made this with no variation. Sloppy Joe's as I remember, flavor, texture all spot on. Do yourself a favor, if love a great sloppy joe. You've found an original!!
This is almost like my own recipe for Sloppy Joes. I really enjoyed eating this and fixing it for myself today. Don't hesitate to try this recipe, easy and very good. I will be the first to say it would have been better if I had cole slaw but I didn't so I ate it plain and not on a bun because I do not eat bread. Thanks for the recipe. Pac Fall 2011