Recipe by Misa
Another tried and true recipe whose origin I can't remember. I really prefer the taste of these home-made joes to the canned sauce, and isn't much more work!
Top Review by Scrivener1
I enjoyed these and will make them again. I will definately cut the brown sugar down to 1 1/2 T, and I agree with others that these need to be sloppier...especially if you will be keeping them warm in a crock pot.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the green pepper, onion, and ground beef to a skillet. Cook over medium heat until all the beef is browned. Drain off the grease. Return the skillet to the stove.
- Mix in all of the rest of the ingredients and turn the heat down to low. Let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve on hamburger buns - topped with a slice of cheese if you want!