Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe in my Penzeys catalog. Chili 3000 is a chili powder blend Penzeys makes.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 large green bell peppers or 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili, 3000
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- hamburger bun
- Brown the ground beef in a large, deep skillet over medium heat.
- Drain if needed.
- Add the turkey and bell pepper and cook until the turkey is almost cooked. Sprinkle the Chili 3000 and stir for 1-2 minutes powder is well-mixed into the meat mix.
- Add the tomato sauce, mustard, and vinegar.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on hamburger buns.