Recipe by Arwen
This is the greatest! There are never, ever any leftovers.
Top Review by Debby H
I really liked this recipe, it is very easy to alter for your family's particular taste. I don't like sweet sloppy joes so I left out the brown sugar and the relish and it came out perfect for our family. It also freezes beautifully. I take a silicone muffin tray and fill each "muffin" with the mixture and freeze. After 24 hours I take the "muffins" out of the silicone tray and place them in a large freezer bag. Each "muffin" makes 2 sloppy joes. Perfect for a busy family.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce (bottled tomato sauce similar to catsup)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, or slow-cooking pot with browning unit, cook beef with celery and onion until meat loses its red color.
- Pour off excess fat.
- In slow-cooking pot, combine meat, onion and celery with remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours.
- Spoon over toasted hamburger buns or French rolls.