Recipe by Mama T of Two
This is a childhood favorite. This is almost as easy as opening a can of manich and 1000 times more tasty and healthy.
Top Review by CJAY
We loved this version of sloppy joe's. I used ground beef and made as written. I forgot the cheese but will try it next time. Thanks for sharing a recipe that I will use often. Made for Spring PAC 2012.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄3 cup chopped white onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, brown hamburger, green pepper, and onion. Cook and drain all grease. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Serve on buns.
- I like to top with a slice of cheese before I put the top bun on.