Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My sloppy joe recipe. My family loves these. I also use this for OAMC. I make and freeze the mixture until ready to eat.
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 lb ground round
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 rolls
- Cook the first 3 ingredients until beef is browned.
- Stir in tomato sauce and next 7 ingredients (tomato sauce through black pepper).
- Reduce heat to medium-low,cover and cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon 1/2 cup beef mixture over bottom half of each bun.
- Cover with top halves.
Great sloppy joes! I doubled the recipe and froze half. Next time I'd make in a larger batch. Everyone loved this recipe, a definite kid-pleaser. Whenever I need a good go-to recipe that I know my boys will eat, I search through bmcnichol's recipes. They're always good! Thanks for sharing this, and all of your recipes!
Hits the spot...Easy and Good. I must admit I had to zip it up to my tastes but it makes for a nice and easy base or is probably fine as is for those that don't like things too spicy. I added extra chili powder, tabasco and vinegar. Made for the Holiday tag game.
Made this up specifically to freeze, but kept out enough for one sandwich ~ Taste-testing, you know! You've got a very nice sloppy joe recipe here, although I did omit the salt & used low-sodium tomato sauce! Am looking forward to thawing out the rest of it when I again have company (or when I don't, for that matter)! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed as a kidnapped recipe in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #16]