Recipe by internetnut
I found this in Family Circle magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 6 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Crumble in the ground beef and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, ketchup, vinegar, worcestershire sauce and sugar. Simmer on medium-low for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, spoon about 1/2 cup of the mixture on each hamburger bun. Serve with pickles and coleslaw, if desired.
- Asian: Add 2 cloves chopped garlic, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger and substitute 2 tablespoons light soy sauce for Worcestershire sauce. Serve over white rice or on hamburger buns.
- Italian: Add 1 teaspoon dried oregano and 1/2 teaspoon dried italian seasoning. Stir in marinara sauce instead of ketchup. Substitute prebaked pizza crust for hamburger buns and garnish with shredded mozzarella.
- Mexican: Add 1 tablespoon chili powder and substitute prepared salsa for the ketchup. Serve in taco shells.