Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe I got from a family friend. It serves a crowd and is a pleaser.
- 9 lbs ground beef
- 2 quarts ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 3 large green peppers, finely diced
- 4 large onions, finely diced
- Brown hamburger with diced green peppers and diced onions.
- Drain fat off of hamburger.
- Mix ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, water, mustard, and salt (optional).
- Add hamburger to sauce and let simmer for 15 minutes (the longer the better the flavor). You can also put in a roaster or crock pot to keep warm.
this is the recipe that darlene makes scaled down of course its very good and simple to make