Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from my mother in law.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10 1⁄2 ounces Campbell's condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- hot pepper sauce
- In a 10 inch skillet, saute ground beef until brown.
- add onions and saute about 5 minutes.
- spoon off fat and discard.
- add remaining ingredients, cover and bring to boil over medium heat.
- reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Hey Len, these were excellant tasting sloppy joes. My husband and I enjoyed them for lunch today. The only things I did different when making these bbq's was... I used one 10-3/4 ounce can of tomato soup which I purchased from Aldi's. I much prefer their tomato soup over Campbell's. Aldi's tomato soup is rich in color and in taste. I only added 2 tablespoons of water, plus a 1/2 teaspoon of Morton's Season-All Seasoned Salt, sprinkled in some black pepper, and added several dashes of Tabasco sauce. We topped our sloppy joes with a bit of shredded cheddar cheese. And since I only added 2 tablespoons of the water, I found I only needed to simmer the bbq's for just 25 minutes. Len, thank you for sharing this recipe with fellow Zaar members. I look forward to making these sloppy joes often, as this recipe is definitely a keeper!!
Great Sloppy Joes! No need for Lawry's anymore! I made mine in my favorite 12" skillet because it all fit better for me! I served over toasted and buttered low-carb wheat bread slices with shredded cheddar cheese. Thanks, Riverside Len! Made for PAC Fall 2008.