Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 8 ounces extra lean beef, ground
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces low sodium tomato, canned -- cut up
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons oat bran
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 5 hamburger buns, split & toasted
- Cook and stir ground beef, onion, green pepper, and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat until beef is brown.
- Drain fat.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, water, oat bran, vinegar, brown sugar, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt and Tabasco sauce.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer covered, for 5 minutes more or until mixture is desired consistency.
- Spoon mixture onto hamburger buns.
The kids enjoyed this recipe.
Thank-You this was gert...