Recipe by litldarlin
This recipe belongs to my Great Aunt Floris who turned 90 last October. She is still as feisty as ever and still going strong. She is the oldest member of my family with 11 kids, and according to her too many Grandkids and Great Grandkids to count.
Top Review by PanNan
This is a good and simple Sloppy Joe. When I make it again, I'll add a little more catsup for moistness and a little brown sugar to counter the vinegar. Thanks for sharing your recipe Melody.
- 3 lbs hamburger
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions (diced)
- 3⁄4 cup green pepper (diced)
- 3⁄4 cup celery
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup catsup
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook your hamburger first.
- While this is cooking, dice up your vegetables and set aside.
- Drain off the fat from the meat, and add the vegetables.
- Add the tomato sauce, catsup, vinegar Worcestershire sauce, salt & pepper.
- Simmer for 20 minutes then serve and enjoy.
- Note: If you can't make Sloppy Joes, according to my Aunt, then you're in big trouble, especially if you have 11 kids.