Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here's an "old fashioned" way to make that tasty kid pleaser. My mom got this recipe off the back of a campbell soup label about 30 years ago! Delicious!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken gumbo soup or 1 (10 ounce) can chicken and rice soup
- 1 cup ketchup
- 5 ounces water (half a can)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- Sautee onions in butter and add hamburger to brown in pan.
- Drain grease and add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boil and let simmer 10 to 20 minutes, uncovered.
- Serve on buns or bread.
Although we liked the flavor of this dish, we had a hard time getting used to rice in our sloppy joes. (I used the chicken and rice soup.) I would definitely try it again with the chicken gumbo soup. Thanks Nicalyn!