Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Comfort food - Dad's way. Good cold-weather, quick, comfort food. Not a barbeque flavor based dish - more like a chili without the spice. So good; so simple; so quick!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 2 (14 ounce) cans tomato soup (preferaby Heinz or Aylmers)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 hamburger buns
- Spray heavy pot with oil. Brown hamburger beef with onions, celery and garlic until celery is tender.
- Add the remainder of ingredients except hamburger buns.
- Adjust spices by adding more salt and pepper and sugar; this should have a very slightly sweet taste. Simmer until heated thoroughly.
- Serve over toasted or untoasted buns.