Recipe by rmcabrey
A quick and easy meal.
Top Review by LainieBug
Good flavor with a hint of sweetness. I am wondering if the tomato sauce should be a 15 oz. can or two 8 oz. cans as one can was not enough sauce for a pound of meat to make what we consider "sloppy" joes. I decided to double all the sauce ingredients and it turned out great. Loved the cheddar cheese on top.
- 1 lb lean ground beef (90/10 mixture)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mccormick's smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large heavy skillet (over medium-high heat) cook beef with onion and green pepper; breaking up meat as it cooks.
- Drain off fat.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except cheese).
- Heat for approximately 10 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- Spoon into warm hamburger buns; topped with shredded cheese (if desired).